Welcome to my blog!

Assalamo aleikom

I hope you will find my blog inspiring, useful and that you might learn something new from it. Comments are highly appreciated, and I always want to hear what I can make better and improve! If there is anything particular you want me to write about, just let me know. My hope is to contribute with something positive inshaAllah. Maybe some people think I'm too young to have a say in some of the things I will discuss, but we are all learners and nobody is perfect, and everyone sometimes has a need to express their opinions and views. If you are not interested, then you are free to leave, but if you want to hear my say, I appreciate that! I don't write an advanced research on all topics, I just write normal posts to discuss and point out my view, to have time to focus in different relevant topics. So that is the reason if you sometimes think my posts contain too little information, and that there is much more to it than what I'm saying. I just want to share my knowledge. All my knowledge I've gained thanks to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and I will learn a lot more in the future inshaAllah. My posts are all a praise to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and my mistakes are only my own. I wish my blog will benefit others inshaAllah!

Jazakallahu khairan!

Friday 28 January 2011

Another Sleepless Night

I don't have any energy these days and every night is the same. I can't sleep, or when I finally fall asleep I repeatedly wake up and have bad dreams. Regularly I dream that someone tries to rape me, I don't know where this comes from. Also, I don't know what to do to sleep, and get back my energy. Do anyone have some advice for me? I've tried different things. I have prayed, read Quran etc. but nothing seems to work. I don't want to take sleeping pills though.

My boyfriend will come today. Originally he was going to come on Wednesday, but in the airport they needed a paper about his military status, which he didn't possess, because the people in the consulate said he didn't need it, and since he is in college (and also has papers from his college), he shouldn't need the papers about the military. It's obvious that he doesn't have military service now! But the people in the airport didn't accept that, and gave him an address in Cairo to fix the paper. If he was quick, he could still catch the plane. He spent around 400 Egyptian pounds (around $66) on taxi to get that paper, but when he arrived they said that they needed the dates for his exams, and without this paper from the college he couldn't make the military paper. Thus, my boyfriend was prevented from taking the plane and he went disappointed and sad back to the bus, that uses 5 hours from Cairo to Alexandria. (Don't ask me how, it's supposed to only use like 2 or 2,5 hours).

He called his mother, and she went to the college to obtain this paper. Fortunately she had a copy of his ID card, and the day after my boyfriend went to the military to legalise the paper. For this he brought a policeman and a soldier, to make sure he would indeed get this paper. He spent all the day to fix this, in Egypt everything takes a lot of time and everyone says "make this, do that" before you reach the goal and finally get the papers you need. He also went to renew his flight ticket, which he had to pay another 1650 LE ($275) for, something that was not really his fault. First the consulate should have mentioned it, and second they should have told him at the travel agency when he bought the ticket.

Well, after all of this trouble (it has really been a long process to obtain the visa and fix all the required papers), he is finally in the airport now waiting for his plane that will depart at 10 am (GMT + 2). His transfer is in Copenhagen, Denmark and I will first go to the doctor today, and then I will go to the airport in Oslo to meet him. I can't wait. I've counted the days and been looking forward to this. Finally he will meet my family and spend time with them. Finally he will see my country and how we live in Norway. Finally he will experience snow, negative degrees, skiing, moose and trolls. Finally. Alhamdullilah. I pray that nothing bad will occur on his flights from Cairo - Copenhagen - Oslo, that the planes are not delayed, that the securities go smooth and that nobody will make any problem about his papers or belongings in any of the airports. InshaAllah. And I pray for the same for everyone else who is traveling today, whether it be by plane, ferry, train, bus or something else.

Thanks for reading my posts. Today I wrote a bit abnormal post, but I try to vary my writings. Any suggestions on what you want, let me know.

Jazakallahu khairan.

8 comments:

  1. Åh dårlig gjort da,men han kommer jo idag da,er så glad på dine vegne,vente tiden er over hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam,
    a bit odd when read at the start... why do u tell about ur strange dream? is it necessary? :)well..

    narrated abu qatada:
    the Prophet [saw] said, “a good dream is from ALLAH [swt], and a bad dream is from satan. So whoever has seen (in a dream) something he dislike, then he should spit without saliva, thrice on his left and seek refuge with ALLAH [swt] from satan, for it will not harm him, and satan cannot appear in my shape.”
    (sahih bukhari)
    u must practice the dhikr and reading verses qursi before sleep. :D inshaalah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: Probably it was no necessary, I'm just bored by having these dreams all the time. Thanks for advice, I will try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Im finding your life interesting and i am hoping you will answer some questions i have?

    How are you adapting to your new life? Did you get your boyfriend before or after you converted? Do you think it would be harder to live your life with a Muslim boyfriend if you weren't a Muslim yourself? How is life living with two different cultures?

    I would appreciate an answer, cause im kind of finding myself in a position where i could need some help!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment and I'm sorry for this late answer. A lot has been going on lately, and my boyfriend went back to Egypt today. Alhamdullilah the unrest has settled down there.

    Actually I feel I'm adapting to the new life quite well. I do a lot of research and thinking of my own, and the questions I might have I ask the Muslims I know. The hardest period was in Egypt, not just because of the religion, but also because of the culture, and it's so different from Europe. Islam itself, I don't have big difficulties to adapt to, because I know Islam is the right and that the Quran is the word of Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

    I met my boyfriend right shortly before I converted, so the decision to convert was solely mine and I was not affected by anyone. Well, there are different kinds of Muslims, and it depend how religion the person is too. My boyfriend has told me before that for him it was not important what kind of religion I had, and I think as long as he accept and understands your religion, or culture or values, it will not be so hard to live my life with him if I was not Muslim. It all depends on the person and how much he understands from the other's way of life and background.

    To be honest, living life with two different cultures is very interesting and I like it. I also must admit that I love the Egyptian culture (although not everything in it is good) more than the Norwegian culture. I find it difficult to identify myself with Norwegians. Since I all my life loved to learn about other countries and cultures, I don't find it too hard to live with different cultures. The culture is anyway not what is important for me, the religion is. Whether I am in Norway or in Egypt, the religion is the same for me'

    I hope my answers were for any help, and just ask if you want to know something else.

    Salam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more easy thing you can do to avoid bad dreams is to sleep on right shoulder and more over if you see bad dream then go in Washroom and recall this dream the effect will be taken back from you. Recitation Quran is also best option for this

    ReplyDelete
  7. SubhanAllah sis, I just read this post but I had reda a couple of your others first - one on lying (for my son) then the poem (to check if you actually had a boyfrined) and then i wnated to see what your recent status was and here you are saying you're dreaming of being raped - dear sister Mariam, it is clear that Allah is warning you about your zina - your relationship with your boyfriend. Quran etc will help but the only way to stop them is to stop the haram relationship. You can even have your nikah done while he is in Egypt, like the PROPHET S.A.W married His wife, Umm Habibah, while He was in Arabia and she was in Abyssinia! You don't have to publish my comments, I just want to sincerely advise you dear sister. x

    ReplyDelete