Welcome to my blog!

Assalamo aleikom

I hope you will find my blog inspiring, useful and that you might learn something new from it. Comments are highly appreciated, and I always want to hear what I can make better and improve! If there is anything particular you want me to write about, just let me know. My hope is to contribute with something positive inshaAllah. Maybe some people think I'm too young to have a say in some of the things I will discuss, but we are all learners and nobody is perfect, and everyone sometimes has a need to express their opinions and views. If you are not interested, then you are free to leave, but if you want to hear my say, I appreciate that! I don't write an advanced research on all topics, I just write normal posts to discuss and point out my view, to have time to focus in different relevant topics. So that is the reason if you sometimes think my posts contain too little information, and that there is much more to it than what I'm saying. I just want to share my knowledge. All my knowledge I've gained thanks to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and I will learn a lot more in the future inshaAllah. My posts are all a praise to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and my mistakes are only my own. I wish my blog will benefit others inshaAllah!

Jazakallahu khairan!

Thursday 27 January 2011

The Mystical Creatures Jinn Part 1

Today I wanted to write a post about Jinn. Many people are afraid to talk about Jinn - or even think about it! They believe just a thought will make the Jinn come after them, which is not true. A couple of months ago I had a period where I wanted to find more about these Jinns. It was a very interesting topic for me and I tried to do a lot of research. However, my boyfriend was not very happy about this because he has a friend that earlier had a Jinn inside him and they needed an imam to get him out of his friend, and it was a horrible sight. As he narrated to me, he was shaking and screaming. I'm not afraid because of such "horror" stories, although I know it's true what my boyfriend told me, and that it's possible to become obsessed with Jinn or Jinn enter your body. But it does not happen that frequently.

I learnt a lot about Jinn until I quit my research, to not make my boyfriend more upset or angry, and I also felt I had sufficient information about this. At the end I was always thinking about Jinn, wondering about how they lived, how they look like, I even dreamt about that a male Jinn was after me, loved me, and wanted to enter my body, I always told others about Jinn and I started to imagine bad things when I went to bed. I slept with my boyfriend's sister and one day I had fallen asleep she wanted to sleep in my bed beside me and I scream, because I thought it was Jinn. After this I finally realised enough is enough and I did my best to not think too much about Jinn. I succeeded, I didn't focus in it any more and now it has been a while where I have not been thinking about Jinn at all.

However, today I wanted to write a post about Jinn to enlighten more people about this topic. It's not really that dangerous, and Jinn is a part of Islam. It's a part of our deen, our religion, we can't simply just forget it. Yes, I agree, not everything we need to know much about, but it doesn't hurt to know something about Jinn and how they live, and to know that not all Jinn are bad.

Abu Tha'labah al-Khushani said the Messenger of Allah (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "The Jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air, a type that looks like snakes and dogs, and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey." [Al-Tahhaawi & Al-Tabaraani]

We can't deny the existence of Jinn. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) said in the Quran: "He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery. And the jinns did He create from a smokeless flame of fire." - Quran 55:151

Jinns are mainly made of fire and wind, whereas humans are mainly made of earth and water. Even though Iblis didn't prostrate before Adam, it doesn't mean all Jinns are evil or haughty. Iblis saw himself superior to Adam, because he thought fire was the strongest element, but due to his ignorance he didn't know he was wrong. Water is the strongest element as it can extinguish fire. The Jinns had lived on the earth a long time before Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) created human beings.

"And indeed, We created man from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.
And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire.
And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud.
"So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him."
So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together.
Except Iblîs (Satan), - he refused to be among the prostrators.
(Allâh) said: "O Iblîs (Satan)! What is your reason for not being among the prostrators?"
[Iblîs (Satan)] said: "I am not the one to prostrate myself to a human being, whom You created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud."
(Allâh) said: "Then, get out from here, for verily, you are Rajîm (an outcast or a cursed one)." [Tafsîr At-Tabarî]
"And verily, the curse shall be upon you till the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)."
[Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Give me then respite till the Day they (the dead) will be resurrected."
KursivAllâh said: "Then, verily, you are of those reprieved,
"Till the Day of the time appointed."
[Iblîs (Satan)] said: "O my Lord! Because you misled me, I shall indeed adorn the path of error for them (mankind) on the earth, and I shall mislead them all.
"Except Your chosen, (guided) slaves among them."
(Allâh) said: "This is the Way which will lead straight to Me."
"Certainly, you shall have no authority over My slaves, except those who follow you of the Ghâwîn (Mushrikûn and those who go astray, criminals, polytheists, and evil-doers, etc.). - Quran 15:26-42

Just like there is all kind of different humans, there are all kinds of different Jinns. You have good and bad Jinn, generous and greedy Jinn, Muslim Jinn, Christian Jinn, other religious Jinn, non-religious Jinn and the Shayateen. Those who disobey Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and it's these Jinns that mostly enter human bodies. Other Jinn can also do it, if they e.g. are in love with a human, but it doesn't occur that often. Jinn can see us, but we can't see them. They live with us, but yet they have their own "world." If you go to abandoned places you should be careful, because Jinn might live there. Good Jinns don't enter houses where people already are living, they go to find their own place, but bad Jinn can enter houses inhabited by people, especially if these people are non-religious or weak in religion.

Never cry in the bathroom and never look too much in the mirror. It's when you are at your weakest point Jinn can enter you. When he or she first enters you, you will never be the same and you will not be Muslim again. It is, however, possible to get rid of it, with an imam and recitation of the Quran kareem and the azan, but it will be a horrible experience. With a Jinn inside you, you will get another personality and you will do things you never imagined you would do. However, the chance is tiny that you ever will be possessed by a Jinn.

If you are out in the desert or something and you need to do the call of nature, don't find a hole int he ground and make it. There can be Jinns living there and have their home there, and if you damage it, they can come after you and you will experience odd things happening around you. If you enter an abandoned house, there might be Jinns there. A lot of people think that if there is Jinn, you just say "bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim" and maybe recite the Quran to rid it. But that's not the way. Actually its haram to do that. The Jinns living there can be Muslim Jinn, you are obliged to give them a chance to go peacefully. If you feel there is Jinn, you shall give them three days. Every day you warn them, that if they don't move out, you will recite the Quran and make them disappear. Good Jinn will leave during these days, but if the Jinns are still there after three days, it means it's shayateen (bad Jinn) and you can use the Quran to burn them.

Even if you find a snake or another animal in this house or place, don't kill it or hurt it. Actually it can be a part of a Jinn family. Jinns have the possibility that if they want, and with Allah's will, they can transform into animals such as snakes. I heard a shaykh tell a story that one day a man that had just married had gone praying in the mosque. When he returned he saw his wife outside. He was angry and asked her, why are you outside without my permission? I should divorce you. His wife asked him not to make such a thing until he saw what was inside the house. The man went inside and found a a big snake. He used something inside the house and killed the snake, right after the man died. The man had been killed by Jinn, because the snake was part of a Jinn family, and the family wanted revenge for the death. I just tell you to be cautious about this.

Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "Some snakes are jinn, so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it warning three times. It if returns (after that), he should kill it, for it's a devil." [Abu Dawood, narrated by Abu Sa'id al-Khudri]

And he said: "There are jinn in Madina who have become Muslim. When you see one of them, call out to it for three days. It it appears after that, then kill it, for it is a shaytan." [Al-Muwatta]

Also, if you eat something, then you should leave the bones, for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will put flesh on it again for the Jinns to eat. Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "Don't cleanse yourself with dung or with bones for that is the food of your brothers from amongst the Jinn." [Tirmidhi, 350]

Jinns will also be judged for their deeds on the Day of Resurrection just like humans.

"And surely, We have created many of the jinns and mankind for Hell. They have hearts wherewith they understand not, they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray, those! They are the heedless ones." - Quran 7:179

"And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone.)" - Quran 51:56

Jinn is an important creature just like us humans, but we should be careful not to follow the shayateen and disobey Allah (subhana wa ta'ala).

The topic will continue ...

1 comment:

  1. This was a really good article ! I learned a few more things, thanks Mariam (: !

    ReplyDelete