Welcome to my blog!

Assalamo aleikom

I hope you will find my blog inspiring, useful and that you might learn something new from it. Comments are highly appreciated, and I always want to hear what I can make better and improve! If there is anything particular you want me to write about, just let me know. My hope is to contribute with something positive inshaAllah. Maybe some people think I'm too young to have a say in some of the things I will discuss, but we are all learners and nobody is perfect, and everyone sometimes has a need to express their opinions and views. If you are not interested, then you are free to leave, but if you want to hear my say, I appreciate that! I don't write an advanced research on all topics, I just write normal posts to discuss and point out my view, to have time to focus in different relevant topics. So that is the reason if you sometimes think my posts contain too little information, and that there is much more to it than what I'm saying. I just want to share my knowledge. All my knowledge I've gained thanks to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and I will learn a lot more in the future inshaAllah. My posts are all a praise to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and my mistakes are only my own. I wish my blog will benefit others inshaAllah!

Jazakallahu khairan!

Saturday 8 January 2011

I Swear This Is Just Another Normal Post!

Everyday, when I talk with my friends or acquaintances, I hear this phrase too often: "I swear I was late. I swear I didn't have dinner. I swear I lost my keys. I swear my mom is sick." Everything: swear, swear, swear.

Some time ago I also had a period of swearing too much, but I realised how bad it is. I had to fast a lot of days for my swearing, to try to make up for my mistakes. First of all: I try to keep my word, but sometimes I couldn't, and thus I had to fast. Ans it's not easy, to fast and count a lot of days, and realise how much you swore. How bad it is. It makes you feel terrible.

However, most people don't even make up for their swearing. They just swear a lot, and is not interested in whether what they say is true or false, or whether they will keep their word or not. This makes me sad, and I wish more people can realise how bad it is.

If you are one of those who swear a lot, and say "wallahy" a lot, please rethink and try to change this bad habbit, or it will come back to you later.

In a hadith it's narrated that the Prophet (sallalau 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "Swearing to a Muslim is a debauchery and an immoral act, and killing a Muslim is an act of Kufr." [Bukhari & Muslim, narrated by Ibn Massaoud]

Another hadith states that Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "A Muslim is not a person who slanders, curses, speaks obscene words or is abusive." [Ahmad & Tirmizi, narrated by Ibn Masoud]

And further: "A Muslim is a person whom all Muslims are safe from his tongue and hands." [Bukhari, narrated by Abdullah bin Omar]

All of this tell us to be careful of the words we speak and think it through. It is not necessary to swear. Some people swear to make others believe him, but if the person is someone who is known to be true of his words, he doesn't need to swear to make anyone believe him. Further, if you must swear; Only do it if you really have to, if it is in something important and if it is a "big" thing.

Taking false oath is a great sin. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says in the Quran:

"(As for) those who take a small price for the covenant of Allah and their own oaths - surely - they shall have no portion in the Hereafter, and Allah will not speak to them, nor will He look upon them on the Day of Resurrection not will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement." - Quran 3:77

"And make not Allah because of your swearing (by Him) an obstacle to your doing good ..." - Quran 2:224

If you take a false oath you need to repent to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and don't do it again. You also have to fast for three days. Do not swear unless it is really necessary.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows best

No comments:

Post a Comment