Welcome to my blog!

Assalamo aleikom

I hope you will find my blog inspiring, useful and that you might learn something new from it. Comments are highly appreciated, and I always want to hear what I can make better and improve! If there is anything particular you want me to write about, just let me know. My hope is to contribute with something positive inshaAllah. Maybe some people think I'm too young to have a say in some of the things I will discuss, but we are all learners and nobody is perfect, and everyone sometimes has a need to express their opinions and views. If you are not interested, then you are free to leave, but if you want to hear my say, I appreciate that! I don't write an advanced research on all topics, I just write normal posts to discuss and point out my view, to have time to focus in different relevant topics. So that is the reason if you sometimes think my posts contain too little information, and that there is much more to it than what I'm saying. I just want to share my knowledge. All my knowledge I've gained thanks to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and I will learn a lot more in the future inshaAllah. My posts are all a praise to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and my mistakes are only my own. I wish my blog will benefit others inshaAllah!

Jazakallahu khairan!

Saturday 22 January 2011

Intentions

A beautiful thing in Islam is intentions. This is a mercy from Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and something really great. A person is judged by his intentions. If his intentions were good, but something bad happened, he will be get reward, but if his intentions were bad he will be punished for it. It's important to keep your intentions pure.

Umar ibn al-Khattab said he heard Prophet Muhammed (sallalhu 'alayhe w sallam) say: "All actions are judged by motives, and each person will be rewarded according to their intention. Thus, he whose migration was to Allah and His Messenger, his migration to Allah and His Messenger; but he whose migration was for some worldly thing he might gain, or for a wife he might marry, his migration is to that for which he migrated." [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

I think this is a very important part of Islam. Sometimes it can be hard to keep one's intentions clean, because all people suffer from jealousy, pride, selfishness and haughtiness to different extents. Some people just wants to be "seen", and do good deeds to make others think they are great in religion, but inside they only do this to achieve fame and their faith is not really strong.

"A person learnt (religious) knowledge and taught it (to others), as well as reciting the Quran. He will be brought (to the presence of Allah), and Allah will mention to him all the favours He granted him, and he recognised them. Allah will ask him "What did you do with them?"

He will answer: "I learnt (religious) knowledge and taught it (to others), and I recited the Quran purely for Your sake."

Allah will say: "You have lied! Rather you learnt (religious) knowledge to be called a scholar, and you recited the Quran to be called a recitor, and it was said of you!" Then it was commanded (to punish) him. So he was dragged on his face and he was thrown into the Fire."
(an-Nasa'i)

I think this extract clearly expresses the importance of intentions. In everything a person does, he has intentions, whether he is aware of it or not. Try to always think before you do something, what you want to achieve by this or what your aim is, to not fall into the trap of committing evil.

"Helping a person or his belongings onto his mount is an act of charity. A good word is charity. Every step taken on the way to performing prayers is charity. Removing an obstacle from the road is charity." [Al-Bukhari]

"If he is working to support his small children, then it is for the sake of Allah. If he is working to support his elderly parents, then it is for the sake of Allah. If he is working to occupy himself and keep his desires in check, then it is for the sake of Allah. If, on the other hand, he is doing so to show off and earn fame, then he is working for the sake of Shaitan." [Al-Mundhiri & As-Suyuti]

All natural acts can be a form for charity with the right intentions. Sleeping, eating, drinking, talking with people etc. And you will be rewarded for it. The important is to avoid having a bad aim with what you are doing, because you will gain nothing from that. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) will ask you about what you achieved in your life, and the reasons behind your achievement and what you wanted to gain from it.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment