Welcome to my blog!

Assalamo aleikom

I hope you will find my blog inspiring, useful and that you might learn something new from it. Comments are highly appreciated, and I always want to hear what I can make better and improve! If there is anything particular you want me to write about, just let me know. My hope is to contribute with something positive inshaAllah. Maybe some people think I'm too young to have a say in some of the things I will discuss, but we are all learners and nobody is perfect, and everyone sometimes has a need to express their opinions and views. If you are not interested, then you are free to leave, but if you want to hear my say, I appreciate that! I don't write an advanced research on all topics, I just write normal posts to discuss and point out my view, to have time to focus in different relevant topics. So that is the reason if you sometimes think my posts contain too little information, and that there is much more to it than what I'm saying. I just want to share my knowledge. All my knowledge I've gained thanks to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and I will learn a lot more in the future inshaAllah. My posts are all a praise to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and my mistakes are only my own. I wish my blog will benefit others inshaAllah!

Jazakallahu khairan!

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Smoking Destructs Body And Mind


Picture: Google

Smoking is a controversial topic. Personally I hate smoking to such a great extent, that if I see anyone smoke I hold my breath when I pass him/her, I throw the cigarettes I find, and anyone talking about smoking I express my disgust. It makes me sad to see anyone damage himself by smoking, particularly if it's someone I love. (You know who you are.) Smoking can give you a whole lot of various diseases (up to around 100), such as lung cancer, high blood pressure, angina, smoker's cough, yellow teeth etc. It also arouses anxiety. Your lungs are filled with tar. Lovely, huh?

SMOKING KILLS. You die young. Think about the people around you, think what pain you cause others by your smoking. Think what harm you cause yourself. Think how much money and time you spend in useless and bad things. Money that could have been spent in something beneficent.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) said in the Quran: " ... waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters." - Quran 7:31

Wastefulness is unlawful, that means you spend money in things Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) has prohibited, be it little or much, spending in something unnecessary, or waste money in vain. If the smoker continues, he may become a heavy smoker and spend too much money in this bad habit, and ignore the needs of his wife and children. Even if it doesn't go that far, he is still ignoring their needs to have a healthy God obeying husband and father that can be an ideal for them. Smoking also has psychological effects, and makes your mood change which may hurt others. If he doesn't get his cigarettes, he will be irritated and angry, or even in worst cases, violent!

Smoking is haram. Some people don't believe it, others ignore it and simply do not care, whilst others sincerely try to do something about it, and quit this bad habit. Smoking didn't exist at the time of Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu 'aleyhe wa sallam), but Islam has founded general principles from which many laws are derived. From this Muslims scholars have concluded that smoking is haram.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says in the Quran: "And spend of your substance in the cause of Allah, and make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good." - Quran 2:195

The wealth (your belongings and money) that you have, all belong to Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), but he gave you provision over it. He made you able to spend it the way you like. Thus, it is bad if you spend your wealth in harmful things such as smoking. The verse also says, don't damage yourself, don't cause yourself get illnesses because of the nicotine or tar in the cigarettes, but more importantly; You can contribute to that others also develop these sicknesses. People around you become (unwillingly) passive smokers, they inhale the smoke you breathe out, and this is so harmful. Sometimes even more harmful than for yourself, and in the long run it will give bad effects! The verse also clearly states: Do good for others. Do good for the environment. The society. The community. Your family. Your friends. Your acquaintances. Strangers. Don't cause harm by smoking.

Prophet Muhammed (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said: "No harm should be done to others, nor seeking benefit through harming others."

Further, it says in the Quran: "And do not kill yourselves." - Quran 4:29
Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) ordered us to not harm or kill ourselves, because life is a gift and it's precious. In the long run smoking kills, and if this happens, it only means we have disobeyed Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and killed ourselves, and we will be punished.

The Quran also says: "O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling are an abomination of Shaitan's work. Leave it aside in order that you may succeed." - Quran 5:90

Intoxicants have different meanings, and two of them are "to stimulate" and "to poison" which applies to smoking as well. The nicotine acts this way.

The Prophet (sallalahu 'alayhe wa sallam) is reported to have said: "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drink it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever, and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever." [Bukhari vol 7, book 71, hadith 670]

Cigarettes contain a lot of poisonous substances and the smoker indulges in a slow suicidal act by smoking this poison. Therefore it is haram to smoke, and a person who truly loves Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) and his family and friends, should do his best to stop this bad habit. It can be hard, but by having strong faith it's possible to break the "curse"! Smoking is bad for one's health, it stains the teeth and make you have a bad breath, and Muslims are supposed to beautify themselves for their spouses. Smoking is only ruining and damaging. Causing harm and pain. Alhamdullilah I do not smoke myself, but I'm hurt inside by people I know who smoke. Please stop it. First for Allah (subhana wa ta'ala), then for yourself, and then for everyone around you.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) knows best.


Picture: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment